Forgiveness

Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Be gentle and ready to forgive; never hold grudges. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others." Colossians 3:13

I struggle with forgiveness...sure I can say it with my lips, but my heart says something very different.

Max Lucado says that when we feel "stuck" with someone we have three options: to flee, fight, or forgive. Fleeing never solves anything. Fighting causes more reason to forgive. Forgiveness is what Jesus calls us to do. It's not easy--good thing we can't do it on our strength and have to count on Him :)

I think forgiving others is most difficult when I am focused on myself. It's when I take my focus off myself and place it on Jesus and others, that forgiveness becomes natural.

1 comments:

Breanna said...

I love you Katie. It takes a strong person to lay it out there and say "I am not good at this" I respect that. You are an encouragment to me and I want to thankyou for that!

Love ya
Breanna