Chicken Tortilla Casserole

Monday, June 8, 2009

I am no Martha Stewart- lets just get that out of the way. I'm ashamed to say that Andrew and I spent our entire first year of marriage eating frozen Freschetta pizzas and pasta. Cooking scared me. Fortunately, I've faced my fears and Andrew and I now eat like semi-normal people. My mom on the other hand, is an extraordinary cook. One of my favorites growing up was/is chicken tortilla casserole. People always ask for the recipe because it is THAT good. I take no credit... thank Susan Bryant. (She has a facebook now by the way! hah!)


Here it is:
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 8 oz. sour cream
  • Small can of green chilies (I usually buy the small Macyos one)
  • Dash of garlic powder and pepper
  • Chicken (you can buy rotisserie chicken and just throw some in, and use the rest of the chicken for something else the next day)
  • 12 white corn tortillas (just tear up the tortilla in small pieces)
  • A cup of shredded cheese or more
Mix everything together and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes

* My mom usually doubles this recipe when she cooks for our family of six

0 comments: